Of course, there are as many factors that influence the joy of working as there are employees. As an employer, we need to create the framework that allows our employees to try new things, learn, influence their own work and really participate in the development of our operations. This means we must always be listening and prepared to change the way we work.
Below, I have collected some of my thoughts on Fiblon’s company culture. We are on a common journey towards our shared goals. We dare, appreciate and act.
- show the way and set goals
- renew myself and my surroundings
- open my mouth
- encourage people to use common sense
- believe that promises will be kept even when I am not supervising
- understand differences
- and respect my colleagues and trust their work
- my wellbeing and take care of myself
- honesty and fairness
- reliable people and believe that I can rely on my colleagues
- our community and help build it
- individuals and help them grow
- not receiving useless messages, so I also don’t send them
I TAKE ACTION
- and also expect others to be active
- by being present and energetic every day
- and keep my promises
- by focusing on my own work and believing that others will do the same
- by talking face-to-face whenever possible
- by making decisions immediately if it is possible based on Fiblon’s four values
- by highlighting successes when giving feedback or communicating
Published in the company magazine Fibrakka on 30.3.2017.
The author is, among other things, a family entrepreneur, a CEO, the grandfather of a little girl and a founding member of the Pori Women’s Bank. Favourite things: cooking, Porin Ässät, hunting, nature and music (vinyls). Motto: You can change the world by educating girls.